Saturday, July 3, 2010

Iconic Ways

Let me just say that I am such a huge fan when it comes to full skirts. And not any skirt, full skirts that a lot of women wore during the 1950's but more with a less volume with more movement. Doesn't matter if  it's pleated, solid, stripes, or printed like shown in the picture. Full skirts are just incredibly ultra chic when it comes to dressing. You can wear it with a button down rolled up dress shirt or as I like the Miuccia Prada version with a sun bra top with a madras print or a long sleeve sweater with a high midriff for an ultra modern way of sexy. I absolutely just like this look. It's has a new foundation of taking something from the 50's but with more of an updated fresher take and vocabulary. If I were a a cute young girl that wanted to stand out on a hot summer day in the city, I would wear this look head to toe without a doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails